At Acupuncture Atlanta we are committed to paying close attention to the health and balance of our planet and we want to let you know the ways we are minimizing the environmental footprint of our company.
We are a participating member of Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS) community. LOHAS members practice responsible capitalism by providing goods and services using economic and environmentally sustainable practices.
We are an eCommerce company. eCommerce reduces the environmental impact of shopping by using about a third less energy than traditional retail. (*) You can help too by choosing ground shipping.
- We recycle our shipping boxes, so sometimes your shipment may arrive in a box that looks a little used because it has been reused. We also use recycled paper for packing in your order.
- We have instructed all of our manufactures that drop ship for us to not include any product brochure material in the packages they send to you thus minimizing paper waste.
- Paper, plastics and toner/printer cartridges are recycled, and we turn off lights and reduce temperature setting in rooms we are not using as well as during the evenings and weekends when the office is closed.
- We recycle kitchen waste, and real plates and silver are for use in the employee break room.
100% Wind Power and Carbon Emission Reductions
- We offset the energy we use in our offices with 100 percent wind power credits. We buy our renewable energy from www.renewablechoice.com. Additionally we offset the Carbon emissions from our shipping by supporting a CO2 Reclamation project. The impact of Acupuncture Atlanta's action helps avoid up to 53,090 pounds (24 metric tons) of carbon dioxide emissions from being emitted into the atmosphere. This is equivalent to planting of 214 fully mature trees.
- Employees can earn a small bonus for carpooling, biking or using public transportation to get to and from work.
(*) Source 2009/03, Carnegie Mellon Green Design Institute, Online shopping 1/3 less energy than brick and mortar