Order Process Security
Once you decide to place your Order with Acupuncture Atlanta, you enter our secure page area. While on a secure page, such as our order form which is hosted in a secure data facility, the lock icon of your web browser becomes locked. This lock can be seen in the lower right corner of your browser. This indicates that the connection between your web browser and our web server is secured. While on a secure page, the 'http' on your browser changes to 'https'.
When you submit personal information on our website, your information is protected both online and offline. We can only access your credit card (but not your actual credit card information) to issue credits, never for actual charges. Only you can produce a charge by placing an order in your password-protected account.
When you submit sensitive information (such as your credit card number), that information is encrypted and protected with the best encryption software in the industry SSL—(Secure Socket Layer).
What is SSL?
- Secure Sockets Layer, SSL, is the security technology for encrypting a link between a web server and a browser. All data passed between our web server and your browser remains private and secure.
- Whenever you communicate with us on our payment pages, a small yellow padlock appears in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser as a sign that we are now engaging SSL. (Another sign on some browsers is that when you enter the secure area of the site, the background of the address bar turns dark yellow or bright green. You'll also notice that http:// is replaced by https:// (The 's' stands for 'Secure')
How do I know you are a real organization?
- To generate an encrypted SSL transmission, a web server requires an SSL Certificate. Checking a website's certificate is good practice that helps you avoid spoof websites, sometimes called "phishing" sites. To check the certificate, click on the Comodo Secured graphic at the bottom of every page. Your browser will show you the name of the owner of the certificate. This name should match the name of the website operator.
- Our SSL certificates are issued by a leading certificate authority, Comodo CA. Comodo is Web Trust-compliant, meaning that their business practices and processes have been rigorously audited according to AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) guidelines by an independent approved auditor (Ernst & Young).
- Comodo High Assurance certificates enable a high level of encryption. They also confirm that a company is a legally accountable organization.
- To receive a High Assurance SSL Certificate from Comodo, we had to demonstrate to them that we are an existing business, along with our control over the domain you are visiting. When you shop online, you deserve to know who you are interacting with.
- Seeing a site with a High Assurance SSL Certificate, confirms two essential factors:
- That you have a secure SSL (encrypted) link with this website
- That this website represents a real organization